Portfolio #3: Resistance and Rebirth

Hello, this is Pierre, and my final portfolio piece aims to serve as a virtual documentation through use of text and images to showcase media that I have found particularly impactful in my resistance to colonialism and capitalism.

A quote that I found while doing my research summed up my thoughts well: "Decolonizing people’s minds involves being able to imagine the death of the institutions we work for and the simultaneous survival of the world [1]."

The ideas of decolonization and the aftermath of abolition are really hard to imagine. Media can often be the frontier (in colonial terms) for resistance and the rebirth of society. It can be the testing grounds for new ideas.

Within these posts are some artists and TV Shows that I have watched and have helped me to familiarize myself with what a decolonized future might look like.

[1] https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-03376297/document

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avatar: The Last Airbender

Bob Dylan